Freeview Bilsdale Transmitter Update
Freeview has updated the latest advice for viewers affected by the Bilsdale transmitter fire. You can read the full update on their service update article.
WHAT’S NEW FOR BILSDALE VIEWERS?
16/09 – Arqiva have begun work on the temporary Bilsdale mast this week, and they are aiming to complete the build in early October. Much of the work is being undertaken at height so this is very dependent on weather conditions, Freeview will keep all of their viewers updated as soon as they know more.
- A new temporary transmitter has been installed at Sutton Bank (near Thirsk)
- From 8th September, many more viewers to the south, east and west of Cold Kirby may have some channels available to them if they do an automatic retune. If a viewer is in one of these areas they should try retuning their TV.
- Freeview advise all viewers who are struggling to pick up a signal on their TV to try an automatic retune (even if this has happened recently).
- Freeview has updated area-specific information and advice on the service update.
- Viewers without internet access can continue to call Freeview’s dedicated freephone line where they will be able to hear a recorded update with a summary of the information on their website. The number is 0800 121 48 28
- Viewers can continue to sign up for alerts straight to their inbox from the link at the bottom of the service update article or directly on the website