Freeview Bilsdale Update – 8th Sept 2021
Freeview has just updated the latest advice for viewers affected by the Bilsdale transmitter fire. You can read the full update on their service update article.
- A new temporary transmitter has been installed at Sutton Bank (near Thirsk)
- From 8th September, many more viewers to the south, east and west of Cold Kirby may have some channels available to them if they do an automatic retune. If a viewer is in one of these areas they should try retuning their TV.
- Freeview advise all viewers who are struggling to pick up a signal on their TV to try an automatic retune (even if this has happened recently).
- Freeview has updated area-specific information and advice on the service update.
- Viewers without internet access can continue to call their dedicated freephone line where they will be able to hear a recorded update with a summary of the information on the website. The number is 0800 121 48 28
- Viewers can continue to sign up for alerts straight to their inbox from the link at the bottom of the service update article or directly on the website