Should you buy an Electric Bike (E-Bike)
We are all seeing more electric bikes on the road, and over the pandemic with the increased creation of dedicated cycle lanes – is the trend likely to continue and should you buy one?
As with having a traditional bike, an electric bike comes with all the same benefits, but it comes with additional features that could make is more attractive and change your mind on owning an e-bike. Here are some points to think about to decide if you need or want one:-
- It will enable you to get up hills easier if this has been a stumbling block on getting out on your normal bike
- Do you love cycling down by the local river or do you live in windy environment, an electric bike will help you ride against the wind with ease
- If you have some health challenges that have stopped you riding an traditional bike, an electric option may help you with your bad knee or hip joint for example – you don’t have to work as hard
- Want to go out on long rides but don’t have the stamina – an electric bike will enable you to go further with less effort
- Stops you being a sweaty mess if you ride to work – electric bikes mean you don’t have to over exert yourself and get hot and you arrive for work ready to go
- Wil help to cut down on commute time compared to a traditional bike if using it for work
- Due to making your journey shorter they are more attractive to use in the winter for commuting than traditional bikes
Although the prices of e-bikes have traditionally been high, they have come down considerably making them more affordable. The batteries are also more sophisticated and cheaper to replace, so e-bikes are more attractive than ever with prices starting as low as £500 up to £5000.
Don’t forget, getting out and doing any form of exercise brings some great health benefits!